Monday, December 19, 2011

Monster Cookies

More talk about monsters in December? It is not Iivana either!

We had Justin's co-workers over today for a little holiday luncheon (they are not the monsters either.) They were also having a cookie exchange. With all the cleaning, it didn't leave much time for a GF cookie recipe from scratch that might not turn out. My sister, Kristen sent me a couple recipes for some cookies. And one of them was for:


Kristen said the cookies were good, so at least I knew the recipe was solid. This provided a perfect opportunity to make GF cookies fairly easily. I had made the chocolate chip Betty Crocker GF cookies before. I remember the dough was crumbly and the cookies had a slight after taste. Adding the peanut butter must have helped hold the batter together a little more because it wasn't crumbly this time.

 I decided to roll the cookies into balls in an effort to create a uniform shape.

Chocolate chips and M&Ms are a plus to make these taste even better!

They came out looking beautiful.

I thought they tasted yummy as well. Justin agreed, but we both questioned if we had too much of a GF acquired taste. I baked them on the lesser amount of time, so they would be chewy. When I took them off the cookie sheet they were fragile...I broke a few, which meant more for me to try!

I was curious how the Chex cereal would taste in them, would it add crunch? To be honest, I didn't noticed the Chex much at all. Does that mean it's not needed at all or the opposite, that more should be added? Only time will tell; I know I'll be making these again, because they were easily to make in a crunch! Plus, they taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...