Saturday, January 22, 2011

What!?! Why Did I Throw My Receipts Away?

I was being a couch potato watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off and decided to do some Celiac perusing on the web. To my surprise I learned that I can write off some food price differences, cost of transportation to specialty stores, shipping costs of gluten free food, and admission to medical conferences related to Celiac Disease. I've been GF since September and I usually end up throwing away our grocery receipts. I never thought anything of it, so I have no documentation of buying GF for the past 4 months. At least I found out now, and can start saving receipts for 2011. Celiac Disease Foundation even has a sheet you can print out to track your spending. I will be creating a binder ASAP!

In other news, Iivana had her last personal training session today at Petsmart, although we do have agility class tonight still. We were talking to our trainer Sarah about possibly signing her up for a scent detection class in the future. Sarah is an awesome trainer who works with other Belgian Malinois at Lackland. She said some dogs scent detect to find drugs, guns, mold, etc.; she wondered if there was anything we would be interested in? It was funny because I had recently read this article! I know a class at Petsmart would not lead her to ultimate detection, but since Iivana is so smart, it could be a possibility with lots of practice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...