Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mmm...Cheesecake!

Justin was craving cheesecake so while at Central Market, he looked up this recipe on his new Droid Incredible.  We grabbed all the ingredients and when we arrived home, I started the process.

I used these Kinnikinnick graham crackers for the crust.

These are what the crackers look like, they're a bit smaller than regular graham crackers. 

I whipped all the ingredients together using my Kitchen Aid mixer and threw it in the oven.  It came out like this and I still needed to add a topping.

Eek!  It's over the pan.

I managed to fit the sour cream topping on it so it could bake for 15 more minutes.

At least when it went down a little when it cooled.

This was the thickest cheesecake I ever made.

I started mixing the ingredients at 5:00 p.m. After prep, bake, and cooling time we enjoyed a slice at midnight.

The cheesecake was decent, I've definitely had better but it was a nice treat.  I think I may have over mixed the ingredients because it tasted a little separated.  The cheesecake wasn't that bad though because we finished the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...