Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cupcake Pebbles

The commissary usually has less variety and takes much longer to obtain new items to sell.  When I heard about Cupcake Pebbles, I checked weekly at the commissary.  Still, none were turning up. (They did have the new Marshmallow Pebbles which are full of gluten).  Last week Iivana was receiving a grooming at Petsmart, so Justin and I decided to kill some time.  We went to HEB so I could see if they had Cupcake Pebbles, since I'd been wanting to try the new cereal.  I was in luck, and grabbed a box to try.  Regretfully I only bought one box because I wanted to make sure I liked them before I bought a whole slew of boxes.

My very own box!  Overall, they are pretty sweet, but I love sugary candy and the taste reminds me of real cake.  So I'm obsessed already and can't wait to get more.  I could see people thinking they're too sweet though.

This is one of my favorite snacks to make.  I learned it from my sister, Julie when I was young.  We would make concoctions with various cereals, peanut butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc.  To make this one, I first spray a bowl with butter spray.  Then I pour marshmallows in the bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.  I stir then pile on the Cupcake Pebbles and stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...