Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SAWP is Over

A week ago today, was my last day of SAWP, but also my last day of class for my degree. Yesterday I turned in my comprehensive exams. And now I just have to wait to hear if I passed, then I'll get my M.A. in Literacy. 

My last day of class was special because we had a visitor's day and I was blessed to have my parents and mother-in-law in town. They all accompanied me and experienced what a day in SAWP was like. They wrote their own 6 word memoir, listened to pieces, and participated in other demonstrations.

Me & Denise

Dad, me, & Mom

Here is my poem, turned into a digital literacy story with pictures. I shared this on visitor's day. It's about my sister, Kristen and me! I decided to write this poem to describe some of the silly things we did as kids. I figured a poem would be the best genre, because people wouldn't have to totally understand everything I was talking about. But of course it turned sentimental at the end.

I'm also including a video I was playing around with that I made with various clips of Iivana. It was somewhat inspired from 1st writing piece.

After SAWP, me and all my parents went to Fogo de Chao for some good eats! I didn't take any pictures, but if you're interested in a previous experience click here.

1 comment:

  1. On the writing and delivery of your 'Sisters' poem ... you deserve a Master's Degree in Literacy! Your Blog is a special part of many of my days. The Iivana video added to my LAUGH quota for today.

    July 11, 2012 6:24 PM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...