Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gluten Free Italian Cheese Bread

Time to catch up! About a month ago I went to Little Aussie and bought some pre-cooked pizza crusts. (Remember the cranberry bread, it was that same trip.) I debated what kind of pizza to make, when I came up with a brilliant idea. Does any one recall Little Caesar's Pizza Kits? My parents would buy the fund raising pizzas, and I preferred the Italian Cheese Bread. I decided to make my own version of the Italian Cheese Bread. 

I started with my pre-made gluten free crust from Little Aussie. I truly believe finding the right crust is half the battle in making the cheese bread delicious. Their pizza crust is thicker than most, while very moist.

I didn't measure, but I used enough mozzarella cheese to cover the area of the crust. The crust was a more personal size pizza so I didn't even use a whole bag of shredded cheese.

Then I used my Italian Herb grinder and went to town turning and cranking to generously cover all areas. Again, it's hard to measure with a grinder, but I probably used about a teaspoon. You can add as much or as little as you want. Then I popped it in the over for about 20 minutes.

While the cheese bread was cooking, I melted one tablespoon of butter. I mixed in about a 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic that we buy in a jar and keep in the fridge. I'm sure powdered garlic would work too.

The cheese bread should come out with a nice golden hue.

I used a basting brush to spread the butter mixture all over the melted cheesy goodness.

I cut my Italian Cheese Bread, and enjoyed it. I thought my version tasted very similar to the kits we used to make. Plus it was simple to make since I already had all the ingredients at home. I would really recommend trying this if you come across an excellent gluten free pizza crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...