Wednesday, July 4, 2012

En Route on the Fourth

I realize I have some recent things to recap on, but I thought I would write about my current happenings first. Yesterday was my last day of class, which I plan to write about another day. So my parents and I decided to head back to Michigan today. Iivana has been a very good girl in my parent's van. Of course, she thinks she owns the place and is sitting in the captain's chair.

She took many naps through out to journey (so far.) Hopefully she continues to behave during the long ride tomorrow too.

We stopped in Oklahoma to have lunch at a park. Afterwards we started to hear a rattling sound that one of the tires was making. We kept going but it seemed to get worse. So we pulled off to the side of the road and my mom noticed a lug nut was missing. We drove a little further to a visitor's center in Missouri and asked where we could take the van. Of course, today is a holiday so we weren't sure if anything would be open. We started to make our way to Walmart, but came across a Goodyear Tire first and pulled in there. It was 4:50 and they were going to close at 5:00! We were very thankful to make it there safely, because when we arrived we had noticed another nut was missing.

Unfortunately, they were not able to fix it in 10 minutes. So we left the van there for the night and had to halt our travels for the day. The manager drove us to a hotel, so we are spending the night in Joplin. Do you notice Iivana in the tire store?  I think she is still trying to figure out what in the world is going on.

Happy Fourth of July to all! Safe travels to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...