Monday, January 23, 2012

Pinterest - DIY

I'm finally ready to admit, like the rest of the world, that I'm totally interested in Pinterest.

My first inspiration was this jewelry board with drawer hardware. After several clicks on Pinterest, this is the best resource I can find that it originated from: here.

We had gone to IKEA a while back and I had picked up most of the materials. I found a discounted cupboard to use as the base for $4.99. I also bought numerous handles and knobs. However, it took several months to initiate the project, it must be because I've been Pinterest crazy lately. Or maybe I put it off because my hubby refused to drill them for me! He taught me how to use the drill and I had to measure them all by myself!

First, I laid out all the handles and knobs to get an idea of the configuration I wanted to create. Then I began marking dots with a pencil, so I could drill holes. I started to get the hang of it, and lined them up pretty evenly.

I finished all the drilling last weekend and held the board over my face while Justin took a picture, because if you can't tell from our clothes, it was a lounge in your sweats kind of day.

So proud of myself, now I just wanted some paint and ribbon.

This past weekend I dragged Justin to Michael's to buy some craft supplies to decorate with. I chose some Martha Stewart paint, ribbon, and a 7 cent foam brush!

 The paint took a few coats: this was after the first coat.

I think I ended up with three coats of paint and it looked great!

I also decided to add some ribbon border. The Martha Stewart ribbon was awesome, because the back side had a sticky adhesive that made it easy to put on.

The finished product is already hanging!

Now my costume jewelry is no longer tangled in a bin. 

Be prepared for more Pinterest inspired recipes and projects in the future!

2 comments:

  1. IMPRESSIVE skills. I have seen the word pinterest and wondered what it was all about.
    You, your blog, and your jewelry display project have peeked my interest. Pinterest on in my list to check out in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, let me know if you want an invite for Pinterest, I can send you one.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...