Monday, August 1, 2011

Series of Related Events

I'm not sure where to start with this post, I have so many starting points for this story. So I think I'll try to keep it simple for y'all. A series of related events led to a trip to IKEA. 

Iivana's bed broke, so instead of buying a new one, Justin decided to make her one. Upon drawing out plans for her new bed, I suggested we turn the TV stand into her bed.

Iivana's original bed.

Our TV stand (which has evolved itself, originally free from the Airman's Attic was at one time brown and held our old TV which was a boxy-one with a huge back...this might lead to a future post on the history of our TV stand)

The combination of both to create the ultimate bed.
  • I attend cake decorating class at Micheal's and before the first class I was killing time at nearby stores. One of those stores was JCPenney Home store, where I found a couch I liked. 
Remember my first cake, as seen below.

  • Long story short, we decided to buy the couch!
Notice the old pink couch in the background. (This was also free from the Airman's Attic and we had it for 3 years!)



New Couch

With a new couch, and our TV stand repurposed...we needed a new TV stand. We saw a few online that we were interested in at Ikea. Unfortunately, there is not an Ikea in San Antonio; we had to drive to Round Rock which is about an hour and 45 minutes away. 

Along the way we decided to stop in Austin for lunch. Justin's instructions were to find something close to the expressway and semi-fast (of course it had to accommodate gluten free eating as well.) Thanks to my smartphone, I came across an Asian restaurant, Koriente. Not only was it close to I-35, but it also offers healthy food and was quick!


Justin ordered Obake bowl (B) with shrimp which was served with rice medallions. He ordered his with the gluten free sauce so I could try some too! Everything in his bowl was tender and fresh. 

I ordered the mix mix bibimbap with tofu and avocado (and GF sauce). They call it the mix mix, because you have to mix everything yourself. It was incredibly satisfying and I didn't feel guilty at all. All of the flavors came from the fresh vegetables. The tofu wasn't fried, but still tasted incredible. Justin said, "I didn't know tofu could taste this good and not be fried."

Probably the best part of the meal was the green tea that Justin ordered. The taste lingered in your mouth, long after your sipped it. We kept saying it tasted like dandelions, yet neither of us have ever tasted dandelions. The way it was made, you didn't want to chug it or drink it fast. We would savor each drink. It was so yummy, that Justin got some to-go for the rest of the ride to Ikea.

I want the recipe for this!

We roughly spent 3 and a half hours navigating through Ikea. We decided on a TV stand, and picked up some things for some other projects. Hopefully we get to all these projects, then I can show you all them too. Here's Justin working on the TV stand. The worst part about Ikea is constructing everything!

The finished product! I know this isn't the best picture because I was taking at night and couldn't get any decent light. I figured if I didn't post a picture, the story would be senseless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...