Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pluots

By pluots, I mean dinosaur eggs.

Still confused?

A pluot is a cross-pollination of a plum and an apricot. 

They are also called dinosaur eggs because they sort of resemble dinosaur eggs (or what you might think a dinosaur egg looks like).

However, they come in a variety of colors!


Naturally gluten free items like fruits and vegetables are so easy to incorporate in our GF lifestyle. I usually rag on the commissary's produce, but tonight when we went to the store for a few items we couldn't pass these up! The Dinosaur Brand has always produced excellent produce. We used to buy the pinkish ones all the time at Sam's Club. This is the first time I saw a variety of pluot flavors. So far I've only tried one, (the yellow looking one) but it was juicy and ripe. They are sweet and packed with vitamins.

Justin tried this mottled (spotted) dinosaur egg. It was juicy, sweet, yet sour, he commented.

These pluots will be great for lunches and snacks for work. 

Which will work out perfectly, since I can officially say goodbye to summer. 

Wednesday was back to work and I've been exhausted! What a difference it is waking up 3 hours earlier. This kids aren't even back yet. Hopefully I'll adjust by the first day of school. I'm excited for a new year, even though it will definitely be a busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...