Monday, January 16, 2012

Deep Fryer

We bought a deep fryer. 

I normally wouldn't condone this purchase, but being gluten free I could justify it. We can't go out to eat as easily to find foods that feed certain cravings. I know we won't use this all the time, but it will come in handy when I just want to have certain fried foods. Justin told me he wants me to try to make a GF paczki; I don't even know how to make a gluten filled paczki but a fryer is a step there.

We laid out bread crumbs, which were a mixture of corn flake crumbs and brown rice bread crumbs. We also added some Italian seasoning to make the breading.  Some all purpose GF flour, Cup 4 Cup, was combined with two tablespoons of corn starch. I also had to beat two eggs with a little water.

 Then I organized them in dipping order: flour, egg, and finally bread crumbs. We dipped mozzarella and chicken tenders.

Here are some chicken tenders ready to be fried!

Iivana was a good helper...she stayed out of trouble.

My fingers were ready to be fried too.

Look at that chicken

My favorite part were the mozzarella sticks.

 Cheese oozing out of the sticks and chicken, yum!

We even cooked up some french fries.

Condiments for dipping: buffalo ranch and marinara. 

Both are labeled gluten free, however the ranch is not completely healthy. Advice - eat in moderation.

Fries, chicken, and mozzarella sticks.

Served with a Red Bridge.

Of course, I don't recommend meals like this everyday, but every once in a while is a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...