Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easy Cannoli Filling

Remember when I was served this cannoli filling?

I'm sure the version I'm posting now is not the same as above, but I'm assuming it is much easier. This was also inspired by my in-laws because they made it for us one time while we were in Michigan. 

The key ingredients: ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.

I found these chocolate chips at Central Market. They are made in a gluten free facility!

I scooped about a quarter of the ricotta out of the 15 oz. container. It ends up being 2 servings, which is about a half of cup.

Then I added a tablespoon of powdered sugar.

Sprinkle a little cinnamon to taste. You can also add nutmeg or any other spices.

Stir

I counted out a serving of chocolate chips. You could also add nuts or anything else your heart desires.

Stir again and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I do remember your post and photo of cannoli filling you were served at a wedding rehearsal dinner in Michigan.
    Your version looks yummy ... and healthy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...