Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GF = Gluten Free

The first weekend on a GF diet I found myself in Michigan for a wedding.  When explaining to others that I can no longer eat wheat, barley, or rye, the common response was you're going to lose so much weight!  At first I thought the same, because I was not aware of all the options out there.  I probably did lose a few lbs the first week, but after that it was another story.

One thing I've learning about living GF is that everything costs twice as much, is half the size, and has twice the calories.  While there are options that are inexpensive, like your fruits and vegetables, you still need to feed your cravings.  I've needed peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, cakes, cookies, spaghetti, etc.

This brings me to today. I've been GF for over 3 months now.  I feel amazing...no more belly aches, diarrhea, bloating, or smelly farts that take out a whole room. I have more energy, but managed to gain a few pounds. I can't bare to stand on the scale to find the true number but can tell because my pants are tighter.  Can I really blame it on living GF?  Or is it due to my lack of working out?  Well today, I worked out for the first time in about 3 months.  How can something feel so terrible, but so good at the same time?  Having this break from work and class has allowed me to reprioritize. While I am taking care of myself by living GF, I also need to continue with physical activity.

Here are some things I've been able to buy/make GF so I can curb my cravings!

Enjoying Redbridge Beer!

Pizza Night at the Little Aussie Bakery.

My birthday enjoying cake flavored ice cream, instead of cake.

Udi's is by far the best bread I've tried so far.

Good ol' PB & J

Grilled cheese also made with Udi's GF bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...