Friday, August 3, 2012

Traveling

On this particular journey back to Michigan, we drove. Iivana came with me and it would be too hot during the summer for her to fly. My parents graciously picked me up and brought me back. I got back here Wednesday night. From Texas to Michigan, it is close to 25 hours of driving. With all the car time, eating gluten free while traveling can often be difficult. One thing we did that helped was pack meats, cheese, and fruit in a cooler. We'd stop at rest stops and take a break to have a little picnic. It always takes a little time to get all that food ready, but it is totally worth it because you know your food is safe to eat.

But for people who are in a pinch or didn't plan very well, I always recommend Wendy's. There are options besides just salads! Plus, they have a nice, helpful gluten free guide too. I always get their chili and a frosty.

If I'm feeling extra hungry, I order a baked potato with sour cream and chives.

Their chili is so filling and tasty. I even find it scrumptious on sizzling summer days; as long as you eat it in air conditioning.



I have many more updates to come about my trip. But this post seemed like a perfect transition post, now that I'm back in Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...