Sunday, August 5, 2012

Smart Cookies

Since yesterday I posted about my Wisconsin stop on my visit north, I decided to write about another dessert my grandma made for Kristen and me. I have no idea where she found this recipe, obviously a magazine. These peanut butter cookies only contained four ingredients: chunky peanut butter, brown sugar, an egg, and baking soda. I think if you click on the picture, it will get bigger if you want to read the directions. Basically you mix it all together and bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes!


I think hers looked just like the ones in the magazine. These cookies were more on the crunchy side, but the wonderful flavor of PB is what makes them great! I will have to try to make them on my own. Another bonus for celiacs and non-celiacs who like to bake for someone with the disease, is that they don't require an expensive flour. They are flour-less!

3 comments:

  1. I recently made some cookies that were 1 cup chunky PB, 1 cup regular sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla. Same baking directions. They were soft and delicious!

    Hi by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina!

    I will have to be sure to visit you next time I'm in Wisconsin. I want to go to the Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee for a tour because they make New Grist which is a gluten free beer. I saw you sailed the Mackinac again! I always tell Justin about how I'd go sailing with you sometimes. Ready for the new school year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yeah you definitely need to come here! We've been to the lakefront tour like 15 times. Yep, still sailing...it was fun to take you guys, except that one time!! I am NOT ready for school haha...I haven't had a chance to get bored yet! What about u? Teaching the same grade?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...