Sunday, June 3, 2012

Houston

My stress level has been reduced dramatically. Iivana's bite wound is healing. There is still no hair but it is no longer red and has scabbed over. The best part is that she doesn't have to wear that dreadful e-collar. Friday was my last day of school with my students. I have to work tomorrow to finish up paper work and pack up final items in my classroom. Last weekend I enjoyed a weekend away in Houston, which was much needed and filled with fun in the sun. As usual, the majority of my photos do not include people, I'm still working on that. But here are some of the highlights!

Infused tequila drinks at El Gran Malo which are so fresh and amazing. I can't wait to go back to this place some day for more and I usually don't like tequila. 

I ordered the blueberry jalapeno cilantro margarita! It was spicy but sweet at the same time.

Dinner at Taco Milagro which the majority of the menu is naturally gluten free. Rachel and I each ordered something and split them. Below are chicken tamales.

Here are the spinach and cheese enchiladas. I preferred these over the tamales, but both were scrumptious and filling.

We stopped at The Hay Merchant which had too many beers to count. But there were also a few ciders, so I wasn't left out.

We drove to Galveston to spend a day at East beach.

While it was cloudy, it was still a sweltering day.

Before we left the beach area, we stopped to eat some crawfish. It was my first experience eating the sea creature and was nervous. They required lots of work, but I actually did enjoy it. I know my husband is a little jealous that I ate some fresh boiled crawfish.

Finally a shot with people! Sangria at Pub Fiction

We also stopped at Spec's and I found Woodchuck's Farmhouse Select.

The label

Thank you Rachel, Amanda, and Ashley for a much needed get-away weekend! Since last weekend wore me out, it's been nice to relax this weekend. I also start my last semester of classes for my masters tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. A well deserved get-away weekend. Congrats on another school year completed as a teacher and your last semester of Masters classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend!! Cant wait to see you again soon! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...