Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gluten Replacement

So I'm sitting here half watching TV and half playing on my computer (I was supposed to be cleaning.) When all the sudden during a commercial I hear "gluten free." I'm used to the Chex commercial, which I love.


But this was definitely a different commercial. There was a man riding a bike with bread on his head. Luckily I have a DVR so I was able to rewind and watch it over!

Intrigued, I began to look for more information and came across this on Dow's website.

Being Celiac Awareness Month, it's good to see more awareness on TV. While I like the idea, I do have lots of questions about this plant based replacement. I know Dow is a chemical company, so I wonder how natural a gluten replacement would be. But some delicious tasting bread would be nice too. Are there any companies using this ingredient? I really just saw this commercial 15 minutes ago, so I really haven't had much time to research it...but I was excited about the idea. Anyone know anything else about it?

Also...Happy Birthday to my GF sister! Love you and hope you were able to enjoy a gluten free cake.


3 comments:

  1. The commercial of the man riding a bike with "multiple" loaves of bread on is head was entertaining. I added the quote "Solutionism. The new optimism." to my inspiration list.
    I was at HEB today. I noticed both Angry Orchard cider and Red Bridge beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love how more and more gluten free products are showing up at places. It makes shopping much easier. I just bought some Udi's bread from the commissary. I squealed a little when I saw they had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing. Dow Chemical and Gluten Free. These are words that don't belong together. I read that it is a plant cellulose. There has been much discussion in the nutritional scene about certain plant celluloses as being hard to digest by humans. There have been complaints about it being used in frozen waffles and such. So, in that Celiacs and the like have to do with digestion, I'm a bit of a sceptic. We have to remember that Monsanto started out as a Chemical company, and look what's happening. Places overseas are banning Monsanto.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...