Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-day at Home

I can't believe last year was my first GF Valentine's Day. I feel like I've been GF for years, so for any newbies out there: it definitely gets easier.

For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to tutor after the class Valentine's party today. (What was I thinking? candy + cupcakes + soda = a not focused tutoring group.) I waited around for kids to be picked up. Then I prepared sub plans for tomorrow because I have some training all day. I knew I would be home late and told Justin I just wanted to eat something at home. My hubby is seriously the best!

I came home to roses!

I also received a card and a special dessert. Can you guess what the dessert is?

A (small 6") Sweetheart cake from Little Aussie!

 Justin made some tortilla chips from left over frozen corn tortillas.

He also made some homemade humus! Both recipes are from the Simply Sugar & Gluten Free Cookbook. A perfect treat to fill my hungry belly while the rest was being prepared.

Then he made a Greek salad with fresh tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, red onion, feta, olive oil, oregano, and some lemon juice. It was so fresh, light, and flavorful.

Finally he made some baked tilapia with fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, and onion.

There was dessert too! Doesn't it look so decedent?

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and oh yeah gluten free too. Got to love Little Aussie's cakes!

Served with a little ice cream and more left for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...